First MLB post this season 05/27/22

Participants:
Views: 686

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

Hello fellow wagerers and sports enthusiasts, 

I hope the season has been treating everyone well...thanks to tagging along with a couple of successful posters here on Covers and some lucky live betting, believe it or not, my head is above water. Full disclosure though...last MLB season was a disaster!

I'm a sports fan, gambling hobbyist, reformed degenerate... I do this because I enjoy the rush and (last MLB season not withstanding) usually hold my own. I have no delusion, or I should say I no longer have any delusion I will ever make a living at this.   

For MLB $20 or $30 is a typical hobby bet. For those of you who like to state things in units, we'll go with 1 unit = $20.

First MLB post this season:

The nice thing about betting against Kansas City is it's easy to maintain hope...regardless of how well they seem to be playing, the possibility of them stumbling over themselves and losing always has a chance.

Minnesota Twins -1 -131 vs. Kansas City Royals  8:10 pm ET [Combined .5 unit ML @ -175 & .5 unit -1.5 @ +110]

I always play listed pitchers.

Best of luck to all clover

A quote from Joseph Rodman Drake for this Memorial Day weekend:

"And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave, for glory lights the soldier's tomb, and beauty weeps the brave."

Champion of gambling mediocrity

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

clover

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

peaceclover

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Had me liking you the second you said $20, like cappers who keep it real! Good luck tonight 

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

$20,000

Good luck.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Thanks, gents! BOL to you all clover

Not me, UKJ  an_speechless way too many zeros! lol ...$20 as in the price of Nachos and a couple of beers! an_2drinks

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

It's nice to start with a win...but no reason to get a big head. Kansas City giving up four runs in the bottom of the eight wasn't surprising, but twenty-eight hits was. Not really how I saw this game unfolding. But at any rate:

Posted record 1-0 +$21.00 or +1.05 units

[My book doesn't offer -1 bets, only -1.5...so my play was really two bets. $10 ML @ -175 (risked $17.50 to win $10) and -1.5 @ +110 (risk $10 to win $11.00) hence the extra dollar.]

Best of luck to all clover

Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GPWA Logo GDPR Logo GeoTrust Logo Evalon Logo